Side Dressing is a common method used to apply fertilizer after the crop has been planted. Depending on where you live, that application might be liquid or NH3 being applied between the rows. Either way, SureFire can provide the system to apply the fertilizer with great accuracy.
Our liquid systems feature our industry recognized PumpRight, a hydraulic driven diaphragm pump paired with our SureFire electromagnetic flow meter. The PumpRight pump is a positive displacement pump that allows us to have a consistent flow per revolution. Suction is no problem for the PumpRight, this self-priming pump has over 15’ of vertical lift. It is an oil lubricated pump, so running this pump dry won’t ruin any seals. The EMag flow meter has no moving parts, so no need to worry about taking apart your flow meter to see what got jammed in the turbine. The EMag flow meter compensates for different viscosity fertilizers. With a turbine meter, you should adjust the flow cal to expect consistent accuracy but most people don’t because of inconvenience.
Nitrogen management in agriculture is a hot topic today. Nitrogen is being discussed from practically every perspective:
- Lawsuits over runoff nitrogen in Iowa drinking water.
- OSHA rules (postponed for now) that would have a dramatic effect on the anhydrous ammonia market and availability.
- Additional knowledge from researchers, both public and private, on precisely how much and when crops need nitrogen.
- Precision ag services using a variety of new technology, from remote sensors on drones to super accurate weather, to generate prescription maps for nitrogen application.
- New and old nitrogen stabilizing products on the market that can provide farmers a positive return on investment while also benefiting the environment.